Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Waiting Game

I have finally submitted my ophthalmology application. I have applied to everywhere from Connecticut to Florida to California to Washington. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will hear about some interviews. Last night I finalized my application for my intern year, which may actually be in a different city than my ophthalmology residency.

The past week and a half has been spent on the Otorhinolaryngology service. There has been no shortage of interesting stuff to see. The residents and faculty have been great.

Well, this Friday I will take the Clinical Skills portion of my USMLE Step 2 Exam. I am not really looking forward to it, but as I read somewhere "this too shall pass as a kidney stone."

9 comments:

burndive said...

Come join me in the cold, wet, and dark.

"It is your desssstiny!"

TK said...

I applied at Virginia Mason Medical Center and University of Washington-Seattle. We will see what happens.

Stuart said...

How'd your Step 2 go? Was it as painful as passing a kidney stone?

Leslie Hutchins said...

How did your Step 2 CS go? I have mine coming up....

Leslie

TK said...

I haven't gotten my scores back yet, but it wasn't too bad. It was very long, but you can type your notes. You can also leave the room after your done your interview and start writing your note right away. It is just annoying that you have drive to Houston to take a $1000 test. I thought the UTSW actors were better too.

Leslie Hutchins said...

Thank Trevor for the information!

How are things going for you so far? What rotation are you on right now?

Anonymous said...

Hey Trevor!
I'm praying that all the right doors open and you have peace in God's guidance and discernment. Will you be at Texas Conf?

TK said...

I am currently on ambulatory family in Grape Prairie which has been fun. I am enjoying it, but it does make it hard to study for step 2 CK.

I am planning on going to the conference in Kerrville.

I need to do an update one of these days.

Kimberly said...

Just think---you're almost done with the USMLE!!!! I'll be praying for you, and expect to see you looking very relaxed at Kerrville. :)