Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas

I have been encouraged to update my blog. I guess since my last post quite a bit has happened. There were four or five more ophthalmology interviews and two or three more preliminary medicine interviews. My trip up to Kansas City, Columbia and St. Louis was complicated by the ice storm; lots of white knuckle driving. I was also up in Seattle for an interview. My ophthalmology interviews are completed. I am so thankful to be done with the traveling. Planes, hotels, and shuttles get old really quick. I can't understand how someone would want to be a traveling businessman. Now it is time to go back over all the programs and rank them in order of where I would like to go. Any suggestions?

I have been doing a little bit of reading too. Someone gave my a pamphlet on rediscovering our 'brethren' heritage. It was an interesting read. Now I am working through a pamphlet called "The Origin of (so called) Open-Brethrenism." I am also hoping to read through a book about the history of the 'brethren'. I have been reading through Joshua and Judges. On my drive out to West Texas I was listening to a talk by Gordon Hayhoe entitled "True Fellowship." He took a look at Acts 2 and the story of Caleb and Othniel in Judges. I thought it was nice as that happened to be where I had just read.

Over the break, I took the chance to get outside and play some basketball with friends. It was nice to get some fresh air and exercise. Unfortunately a partially blocked shot resulted in a broken finger. No bagpiping, sports, etc for at least a month. Typing is incredible slow. I guess I will just continue to catch up on reading.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update--hope your finger heals fast.

Leslie Hutchins said...

When do you guys find out? I think we do on the 24th.

TK said...

January 17th. I will submit my rank list in the next few days. Have you already submitted yours?

Matthew Celestine said...

William Trotter's pamphlet on Open Brethrenism is very interesting.

I think there are questions about is historical accuracy.

William Trotter's 'Plain Papers on Prophetic Subjects' is essential reading if you want to understand Brethren eschatology.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

TK said...

Matthew, I will have to check out his 'Plain Papers on Prophetic Subjects.' It should be a little easier now that I am nearing the end of my rotations.