Monday, January 8, 2007

Neurology plus Matthew




It has only been one week and I would hate to pass judgement on a rotation so quickly, but I think it is fair enough to give neurology a 1 week evaluation. Maybe I am biased because I just came back from my Christmas break; who knows. Maybe it is because my first lecture was at 7:30am on a national holiday and and the slide projector did not work. Seriously, how much can you get from a neuroanatomy lecture at 7:30am when there aren't even any pictures to see. There are a few other things, but I don't know want to post them on the blog. Who knows who actually reads this thing. I will post an update on the rotation after it is over in four weeks.

One advantage to working at a hospital that requires a 25 minute commute is that there is time to listen to the Bible on CD. I have been going through Matthew. There are a couple of things that have struck me as I have heard it. Jesus is very harsh on the Pharisees. It seems they excelled at professing a knowledge of the scriptures, yet lacked an understanding and a practical application. Their hypocrisy is certainly laid bare in chapter 23. "Ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity" (vs 28). We must remember what is recorded in I Samuel 16:7, "the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

The other day during a lecture on epilespy, I think someone brought up Matthew 17:14-21. Maybe I have the wrong place, but I am curious to get someones thoughts on it.

The pictures are from a trip I took last year in California along the coast.

No comments: