Friday, February 9, 2007

Mid-Rotation Report

Two pictures. One is in the jungle of Ecuador and the other is in the mountains surrounding a crator lake.




It is mid-rotation family practice and I am back in Dallas for the weekend. Unfortunately, we do not have reliable computer access at my current rotation site, so I have to come back to work on a powerpoint presentation. Given that I am in Dallas, I figured I would go ahead and get another bagpipe lesson. I think I am up to five songs on the bagpipes. The transition from the chanter to the pipes is actually pretty challenging.
Family pratice has been interesting. I knew I would see a lot of runny noses, but I didn't think it made up so much of their work. Maybe it is just because the flu is going around, but I bet 90% of the patients we are seeing are complaining of upper respiratory tract infections. Unfortunately, a ton of these patients get antibiotics. I hope there are a few drugs out there that still work when I need them.

No comments: