Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Back for the Break

I am back out in West Texas for the break. It has been a busy few weeks with interviews. Last week, I drove to Little Rock, Arkansas and then to Jackson, Mississippi using the backroads. I was very impressed with the scenery in Arkansas and Louisiana. I was also able to spend some time at the historical sites in Vicksburg, Mississippi. If you are driving between Dallas and Jackson on I-20, it is worth a stop. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me so I don't have any pictures to show for the trip.

Today was our Thanksgiving celebration. It is was good to get some homecooked food. Right now I am about as full as the snake in the picture. I was not there when the photo was taken but I was told it was about 8 feet long and looked it it had just eaten a sizeable animal. Just looking at how large it is compared the door frame makes you want to take a step or two back.



2 comments:

Allison said...

OK...that's a scary snake. Happy Thanksgiving!

Leslie Hutchins said...

That snake gives me the creeps! How is the interviewing going? I wrapped up mine yesterday.....now I just have to wait it out for the match.