Monday, November 5, 2007

Interviews

A lot of things have happened over the past few weeks. I had a great time in Kerrville at the Bible conference. Reading meetings focused on John 20 and Isaiah 53. A few friends from the Dallas area were able to make it which was nice.

This past weekend I was able to head out to Possum Kingdom for a couple days of camping with a group of Christian friends from school. The water was suprisingly warm for this time of year and the weather was superb. I also ate much better than I normally do. Getting out of the city for some ultimate frisbee, football, swimming and hiking reminded me of the need to pursue a more regular exercise schedule. I didn't have a camera, so I will have to wait until I get some pictures from my friends before I put them up.

Over the past two weeks I have had four interviews, two ophthalmology and two preliminary internal medicine. By the time January rolls around, I will have a lot of frequent flier miles and will be no stranger to hotels. I am very thankful I know people in many of the places I am interviewing. With all the traveling for interviews, it has made it quite difficult to spend as much time as I had hoped on anesthesiology. I am hoping to get in the OR tomorrow for a case or two. On Thursday and Friday I have two more interviews locally. Not having to fly, arrange tranportation and hotels will certainly be a big plus.

I have been reading an interesting book recently. I guess is more a collection of writings. The book, "The Mackintosh Treasury," has some great stuff. I have found several of the essays very though provoking. Maybe after some more reading I will be able to elaborate more. I also found some interesting writings by J.N. Darby.

11 comments:

Bethany said...

Any scheduled for up here?

Kimberly said...

do these essays have a theme or is it just a random collection of good essays?
K

TK said...

I am supposed to interview at Virginia Mason Medical Center in December.

Some of the essay titles are "Diversity and Unity," "There is One Body," and "Each Member---A Help of a Hindrance." Those are by Mackintosh.

The articles by Darby are on "Grace, the Power of Unity and of Gathering" and "On Ecclesiastical Independency."

Bethany said...

I'm assuming you have a place to stay, but let me know if you need anything or have time to hang out (dinosaur hunting perhaps?)

TK said...

I have been in touch with Darrell and Kathy. I haven't actually checked to see where the hospital is in relation to everybody.

Allison said...

I hope your interviews went well! One of them was here, right? My roomie said you were at the pre-interview dinner thing.

TK said...

I interviewed at Baylor yesterday and Southwestern today. Hope yours are going well. I was asking Sarah if you were still cooking all your desserts.

Bethany said...

If it's at the main VM hospital downtown, they would be the closest. But if that doesn't work out, Doug and I live quite close to them. You'd be welcome to our couch.

Leslie Hutchins said...

Hey Trevor!

I hope your interviews here went well! What are you doing for the next block? I am taking the next 4 weeks off.

Leslie

TK said...

Leslie, I will be taking the next 4 weeks off to do interviews. It also looks like there will be some down time, which I am looking forward too. Are you doing most of your interviews over the next four weeks?

Matthew Celestine said...

JN Darby is pretty good.