Friday, January 18, 2008

The Results Are In

I had hoped to post this message a little sooner, but I have been on call for the past 32 hours. Sounds like a few of you have already heard the good news. I matched at University of Texas-Southwestern here in Dallas for ophthalmology. This was my first choice so I am obviously very happy. There were a few nervous hours yesterday morning. In the past our Dean's office has had our match results faxed to them early in the morning. However, yesterday morning, the results weren't there. Instead of the call I was expecting at 7:30-8am, there was silence. It wasn't until 10:30am that I got the email from UTSW. A little while later I got a call from the Dean's office. Unfortunately, I was on call yesterday so I had to head up to work for the day; not much of a celebration.

Now I know where I will be for three of the next four years. In March I will hopefully match for my preliminary or transition year. Then I will know where I am going for next year.

I know a couple of my friends are matching in the next week or two and then the rest match in March. I am excited to see where everyone else is headed.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! I'm very proud of you and not at all surprised. :)

TK said...

Now I really need to learn Spanish.

Kimberly said...

I have a book called "Spanish for the Veterinary Team." It has lots of common exam room questions and how to explain diagnoses in Spanish. Mine has an ophthalmology section, albeit short. I would bet there is one for the medical team. You can keep it handy to refer to it if you forget how to say something in Spanish.

Oh....must gloat. Remember all those diet Cokes you won from me in college (university, sore-y)? I won TWO in class from Dr. Willard the other day for volunteering the answer to why giving metoclopramide to a dog in renal failure could be dicey. Two bad they are diet Cokes and not diet Dr. Peppers but still, two cokes from Dr. Willard...not bad, not bad.

Anonymous said...

PTL :)!! Happy for you.

Anonymous said...

very happy for you, trevor! although i am a bit disappointed that i won't be able to page dr. kerr at virginia mason in the future.

TK said...

THis was for my ophthalmology residency. I still have to match for my prelim medicine or transition year. My interview at VMMC was for prelim medicine and transition year.

Stuart said...

Congrats on the match! I hear that you'll be with several people from our class (6 out of 9 spots from UTSW). Good luck with the prelim match.

Leslie Hutchins said...

Trevor, Where is everyone from our class going who didn't stay at UTSW?

TK said...

I believe Zak B is going to Houston and Baseer to Cleveland.