Thursday, March 20, 2008

Last Match

After a few days up in Colorado skiing, I flew back to Dallas last night in order to be around for Match Day. Today was the second big match day. Before I start my ophthalmology residency, I need to complete a preliminary year of internal medicine, so I had to participate in a second match. This morning at 11am, all the medical students in my class went down to their mailboxes, opened them and found their match results (where they will be going for residency). I had already matched for ophthalmology here in Dallas so it wasn't quite as big an event as some of my friends who were matching for the next 5-6 years, but it was still exciting. I matched at one of the major hospitals in town. It's great because I won't have to move twice. It has been some time since I had seen a lot of my classmates. During third and fourth year we get so spread out that we rarely see most of our fellow med students, people we saw nearly every day during first and second year. I guess the next time I see most of them again will be graduation which is about two months away.

1 comment:

sara lindsey said...

glad we'll be at baylor together!