Saturday, March 31, 2007

Change of Pace



Its amazing. For the the past three days I have actually woken up without my three alarm clocks. Granted, it was not the usual 4am, but it was a welcome change. Today we wandered out to the pond. Kevin and Tyler did a couple fly-bys. It was also my first chance to see the huge wind farm that has been put up north east of town. I was keeping my eye open for rattle snakes, but didn't see any this time. The picture is actually from earlier in the year. Instead of worrying about getting shot like I would in Dallas, I had to watch out for rattle snakes. Kevin and I made it out the tennis courts for a set and then I played Jonathan a little one-on-one hoops. I can tell I have been in medical school for too long. Hopefully, tomorrow we'll get the chance to head out to the lake.

This evening Anthony and the kids were over for dinner at our place and somehow the conversation got around to hockey fights. I am not sure how. Anyway, Tyler made me aware of an interesting clip. If you are remotely interested in hockey, I would recommend checking it out.

Canada vs Russia in hockey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely spot!

if one of your three alarm clocks ever dies (or you are ever in need of a fourth), consider this one:
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/banclock-only-turns-off-when-you-feed-it-money

instead of a gun, maybe i should look into a rattlesnake or two for the apartment.. being sure i stock some antivenin in the cabinet just in case my pets get a little too close to me :)

Anonymous said...

that fight is ridiculously long! unbelievable.

Kimberly said...

That fight was insane! Quite the international incident.

Bethany said...

Yeh for Gratuitous Voilence !